Northam School, built in 1914, was located on the Carson River. Enrollment increased steadily in that district and by 1927, with forty students scheduled to attend that fall, Northam school received its plaque and certification of standardization. By 1947, the school children were being bused into town to attend school; the building, no longer served its purpose as a school. It became a meeting spot for organizations. Until recently, the structure existed, but now all that remains of this building is the foundation.